Jared Hazen is an ultra runner and coach based in Flagstaff, AZ. He still holds the second fastest time ever at Western States (14:26) when he placed second behind Jim Walmsley in 2019. He’s been a competitive runner for the last 15 years, including first place finishes at Lake Sonoma 50 Miler, JFK 50 Mile and the Oil Creek 100.
In this episode we discuss:
- His quick transition from running in high school to ultra stardom
- What his training and daily routines look like
- His experience dropping out at Western States and what he learned from it
- Goals for 2022 and beyond
- What he’s grateful for at this time
Jared is now coaching on V.O2. You can check out his profile here.
Song: Breakadawn, by Mike Quinn