VDOT O2 Community Home Forums Message Board VDOT Coach General Discussion

• Author
    Keymaster

Welcome! This is an open discussion forum for coaches who use VDOT and want to connect and ask each other training related questions.

• Gregg Mrkvicka

I’ll start. How are you building up your client base? We are in a fairly small community where for most runners a Coach isn’t a priority.

• VDOT
      Keymaster

Gregg, Andre mentioned the story about McKirdy Trained’s recent success. I know James built a large following coaching programs out of his local running store. He’s also really leveraged social media, particularly Instagram to build his brand. I like the idea of offering a free training session every now and then where you can customize a workout for individuals on the app so they experience the value in having custom training and guidance. Maybe schedule these workouts around the time runners typically begin training for popular local, regional or major road racing events like Boston or NYC.

• Andre

Gregg, there is a post on news.vdoto2.com today that is related to your question. A lot of coaches build off of their networks. I’ve seen coaches drop pamphlets off at local running stores and communicate their services on their social media channels. I’m sure other coaches have had success in other ways. Link to the post is here: http://news.vdoto2.com/2017/02/mckirdy-trained-10-170-clients/.

Reply To: VDOT Coach General Discussion
Your information: